EDA Executive Director Job Position
The Cook County Grand Marais EDA exists to improve our county’s economic well-being and quality of life. The EDA is involved in a broad range of activities to attract, create and retain jobs, and to foster a resilient pro-growth tax base and an inclusive economy. We collaborate with industry, government and a myriad of community stakeholders.
Executive Director Roles and Responsibilities:
The Director works collaboratively with the Board of Directors to fulfill
the EDA’s strategic plan.
Workforce Housing is the number one impediment to the community and economic development in Cook County. This is the number one priority of the EDA.
- Director works with private and non-profit developers of housing projects, providing coordination with local units of government, contractors, and other resources needed by developers.
- Director applies for and administers grants when EDA is an eligible applicant.
- Director leads an inter-governmental discovery process for a proposed Housing and Redevelopment Authority.
- Director leads relationships with potential developers of Assisted Living and Senior Housing, potentially enabling homes to become available on the open market for the workforce and families.
The EDA owns and has management responsibility for Superior National at Lutsen Golf Course. In 2014 the EDA entered a Loan Agreement, Management Agreement, Operating Agreement, and Marketing Agreement with Cook County, relative to a $4.5 million project, funded in part with $2.4 million in General Obligation Tax Abatement Bonds. Director works with the Board of Governors to ensure all requirements of these agreements are met. Priorities are generating rounds and revenues and sustaining the destination golf course conditions. Director leads the marketing team, including contracted professional services.
The EDA owns and sells lots at Cedar Grove Business Park. Director receives inquiries, advises potential buyers regarding requirements of ownership, facilitates negotiations, and prepares documents for closing of sales.
Director leads initiatives with state and local zoning and regulatory agencies to ensure maximum opportunities for development and compliance with all rules and laws.
Other responsibilities include:
- Business retention and expansion
- Digital marketing including website and the development of other social media outlets
- Financial management including EDA and Superior National annual budget preparation, and general management, bookkeeping and budgeting
- Communications, as EDA spokesperson and representative
- Implementation and evaluation of EDA programs, grants and services
- Clerical and administrative duties
- Adaptability: Demonstrates a willingness to be flexible in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Behaves ethically: Understands the importance of ethical behavior and business practices and ensures that their own behavior aligns with the values of the EDA.
- Builds relationships: Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with others to achieve the goals of the EDA.
- Communicates effectively: Listens speaks and writes in a clear, thorough, and timely manner.
- Creates and innovates: Develops ways to improve operations of the EDA and to create new opportunities.
- Fosters teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance the EDA’s effectiveness.
- Thinks strategically: Assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment and the vision and values of the EDA.
Please email your resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include EDA Director Position in the subject line.